[Bug] - Fix Type error in Colors.vue without default colors
Free Desktop book-keeping software for small businesses and freelancers.
- Double-entry accounting
- Journal Entries
- Works Offline
- Financial Reports
- General Ledger
- Profit and Loss Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Trial Balance
Frappe Books is built on Vue.js and Electron. It is offline by default and uses a local SQLite file as the database.
To get the dev environment up and running you need to first set up Node.js version 16.14.0 and npm. For this, we suggest using nvm.
Next, you will need to install yarn.
Clone and Run
Once you are through the Pre-requisites, you can run the following commands to setup Frappe Books for development and building:
# clone the repository
git clone https://github.com/frappe/books.git
# change directory
# install dependencies
To run Frappe Books in development mode (with hot reload, etc):
# start the electron app
Note: First Boot
When you run
yarn dev electron will run immediately but the UI will take a
couple of seconds to render this because of how dev mode works. Each file is
individually served by the dev server. And there are many files that have to be
Note: Debug Electron Main Process
When in dev mode electron runs with the
--inspect flag which allows an
external debugger to connect to port 5858. You can use chrome for this by
chrome://inspect while Frappe Books is running in dev mode.
See more here.
To build Frappe Books and create an installer:
# start the electron app
Note: Build Target By default the above command will build for your computer's operating system and architecture. To build for other environments (example: for linux from a windows computer) check the Building section at electron.build/cli.
So to build for linux you could use the
--linux flag like so:
yarn build --linux.
Contributions and Community
If you want to contribute to Frappe Books, please check our Contribution Guidelines. There are many ways you can contribute even if you don't code:
- If you find any issues, no matter how small (even typos), you can raise an issue to inform us.
- You can help us with language support by contributing translations.
- You can join our telegram group and share your thoughts.
- If you're an ardent user you can tell us what you would like to see.
- If you have accounting requirements, you can become an ardent user. 🙂
If you want to contribute code then you can fork this repo, make changes and raise a PR. (see how to)
- Telegram Group: Used for discussions and decisions regarding everything Frappe Books.
- GitHub Discussions: Used for discussions around a specific topic.
- Frappe Books Blog: Sporadically updated dev blog regarding the development of this project.
|DeepL, mael-chouteau, joandreux
|DeepL, barredterra, promexio, C2H6-383
|Dídac E. Jiménez