Improved the export feature for all views, and much more... #581
Pull Request for Issue gh-576, gh-571, gh-570, gh-569, gh-565, gh-561.
Summary of Changes
- Added the option to exclude language strings from JCB package exports.
- Added the security policy.
- Resolved gh-576 to allow empty filter options.
- Improved the export feature to allow bulk custom override, and dynamic behavior towards larger sets.
- Added function name to custom buttons as a class for CSS styling.
- Removed the fallback for empty description on title field.
- Improved the createUser method to allow custom method registerUser to create a user.
- Fixed the empty not_required field issue.
- Added option to dynamically set the sub-form layout from global options.
- Fixed bug in compiler that caused index warning.
- Fixed greateUser logic to use the admin and site creation modes in correct way.
- Fixed language import issue that cause header mismatching.
- Added the option to add header values to the custom-custom fields.
- Fixed gh-570 to add the correct custom field placeholder type, which is PHP and not HTML.
- Major improvement to user helper methods.
- Fixed custom field building options to allow options to be set.
- Fixed gh-569 to use correct paths in module custom fields and rules.
- Improved the fancy date helper methods.
- Added the new Text::_() language string search for language strings.
- Add the option to add header custom code to custom fields.
- Fixed gh-571 compiler path errors.
- Updated paypal donation link in readme note.
- Added notice to the compiler where it detects mismatching category view target names.
- Added the update script for categories in JCB.
- Made adjustments all across JCB to act according to gh-561 implementation.
- Fixed gh-565 by removing the old PHPExcel_IOFactory and adding the new.
- Updated the subform layout for various subforms in JCB for better display.
- Change the helper category naming conventions for better integration with Joomla fields. gh-561
Read each issue addressed at test accordingly.
Many bug fixes, and improvements.
Tested most of the changes and JCB works properly, except for the batch functionality which produces duplicate copies of each and every record (item) when you do the COPY procedure for e.g(a field, admin view, dynamic get, etc..); The UPDATE works fine..
@ohrionmartin the batch issue, is it only happening in this staging branch? or in the existing stable version 2.11.2 of JCB as well?
Since if this issue exits in the stable version 2.11.2, then you should open a bug report, and we can try resolve it with the next update, so that we do not hold this new release/update back.
But if it is caused by this current new release/update, then we must first fix it before we can release version 2.11.3.
This seems to be a browser specific problem. I tested the current master branch, the stable staging branch (v2.11.2) and the beta release (staging branch v2.11.3) across Firefox, Google Chrome and the Chromium web browser. The Batch Function of all versions works perfectly on Chrome and Chromium, but malfunctioning on Firefox. So the problem seems to be with the browser and not JCB.
No due date set.
No dependencies set.
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may continue to exist for a short time before it actually gets removed, it CANNOT be undone in most cases. Continue?