||3 years ago|
|.gitignore||3 years ago|
|Joomla_Brochure-UseCases-2017-US-English-2-opt.pdf||5 years ago|
|code-of-conduct.md||6 years ago|
|contributing.md||6 years ago|
|readme.md||3 years ago|
Awesome list of Joomla! seed repos, starters, boilerplates, examples, tutorials, components, modules, videos, and anything else in Joomla! community. All references are mainly coming from my personal bookmarks and suggestions. Feel free to send me new additions.
Aweseome Joomla! Guidelines:
- Joomla! has more than 10 years of history. So, there are many many many resources. Please, submit only links with up-to-date information.
- Joomla In A Nutshell
- Top Extensions
- Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED)
- Official Resources
- Joomla Official Sites
Joomla In A Nutshell
- Joomla. From Wikipedia: Joomla is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) for publishing web content. It is built on a model–view–controller web application framework that can be used independently of the CMS.
Current Joomla! version
- Joomla! Downloads
- Download Joomla! Stable
- Upgrade Packages
- Usage Statistics
- Unofficial - Joomla Core Files Mirror - The oldest, most complete, most respected mirror of all Joomla and Mambo versions ever compiled and maintained.
These extensions are always found in any Joomla! site. For more extensions, search the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED).
- Akeeba Backup and Admin Tools - Essential backup and administration tools
- AcyMailing Starter - A well-known extension for mailing
- Advanced Module Manager - Beyond the standard Module Manager, with many powerful features.
Extensions by Category
- Photos & Images
- Social Web
- News Display
- Style & Design
- Site Management
- Contacts & Feedback
- Structure & Navigation
- Core Enhancements
- Directory & Documentation
To browse the whole catalog of extensions, please, visit the extension directory here, JED.
- Extensions Compatible with J4 Alpha - Extensions ready for Joomla 4.
- Custom Fields for Joomla - New Custom Fields in the Joomla! Extension Directory (JED).
- joomla/joomla-cms - Main Repository - Home of the Joomla! Content Management System
- FOF (Framework on Framework) - FOF (Framework on Framework) is a Rapid Application Development framework for Joomla!.
- Joomla! Framework - Designed by software developers for software developers. Easy to Adapt. Easy to Extend.
- Joomlatools Framework - All of Joomlatools extensions are powered by the Joomlatools Framework.
DevOps, Continuous Integration and Development Toolbox
- JAB17 - Your Joomla dev-ops, ci & cd toolbox - By Andy Gaskell. This talk will provide a gourmet buffet of information and ideas for dev-ops, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- JD17UK - DevOps for Joomla - By Andy Gaskell. The talk is about DevOps for Joomla, from a practical perspective.
- AndyGaskell/Joomla_Day_UK_2017 - Slides and examples from Joomla Day UK 2017
- DevOps with Lando and Docker - By Anibal Sanchez. Introduction to Lando and Docker, in a Joomla context.
- joomla-extensions/boilerplate - Boilerplate files for Joomla! extensions
- joomla-extensions/weblinks - This repo is meant to hold the decoupled com_weblinks component and related code.
- anibalsanchez/VSCode-Joomla-Snippets - Extension for Visual Studio.
- vdm-io/Joomla-Component-Builder - Builds complex Joomla! extensions in Joomla!
There are many templates. So, the topic of "Templates Frameworks" seems to be the right way to name the family of the best templates around.
- Gantry - Next Generation Theme Framework - Develop CMS themes quickly and efficiently while providing flexibility and ease-of-use for end-users.
- T3 for Joomla! - The all new, modern and flexible Joomla Template Framework built with Bootstrap 3.
- phproberto/tailwind-joomla - Tailwind CSS template for Joomla!
- anibalsanchez/XT-Tailwind-for-Joomla - XT Tailwind for Joomla. My Blog template, based on Tailwind CSS.
Boilerplates and Tutorials
- BL4NK - Light, powerful and free template for Joomla!™ for faster and easier web development.
- Bootstrap Tutorial - A free guide to use BL4NK with Bootstrap
- anibalsanchez/extly-buildfiles-for-joomla - Description Webpack-automated build files for Joomla! extensions.
PWA - Progressive Web Apps
- JAB18 - Let’s build a Joomla PWA PWS website, Dimitris Grammatikogiannis - A session to collectively demonstrate all the best practices of 2018. Starting from a blank template to the final website using all the buzzwords of the year: critical assets, lazy loaded assets, lazy loaded images, images with source sets and even webp format, manifest, service worker.
- Performant Joomla, Dimitris Grammatikogiannis - Live Coding Sessions to apply the latest best practices.
- joomla-projects/joomla-pwa - Official Joomla PWA repository.
- tbela99/gzip - Optimize any Joomla website and/or turn it into a Progressive Web Application.
- Tutorial - How to setup a local environment for Joomla 4
- Joomla! Bug Squad Portal
- Testing Joomla! patches
- Testing Joomla! patches
- Testing Joomla! patches QuickReferenceGuide
- Codeception for Joomla! - Combine all testing levels (acceptance, functional, unit).
- JAB16 - Beyond Testing, by Michael Bodnarchuk - What are best practices for tests (with code samples).
- Running Automated Tests for the Joomla CMS
Extension Development for JED submission
- Most Common Submission Errors
- How do you recover or reset your admin password?
- Security Checklist/You have been hacked or defaced - On Line Action List.
- Joomla! Developer Network - Coding standard
- Joomla CodeSniffer (PHP CS 1.5.6) - Legacy - 1.x - https://github.com/joomla/coding-standards/tree/1.x
- Joomla CodeSniffer - (PHP CS 2.8) - Modern 2.0.0-alpha
Tips and Tricks
A handy reference for beginners.
- Accessing the database using JDatabase- Retrieving request data using JInput
- Understanding Output Overrides - A Personal Note: This is VERY important to master the art of customizing a site.
Joomla 4 Resources
General Resources for J4
- Potential backward compatibility issues in Joomla 4 - This document tracks potential backward compatibility issues for Joomla! 4. Listed are issues which potentially break extensions.
- Joomla 4 Readiness Survey - December 21st 2017
- Joomla - Nightly Builds - Help test the latest Joomla! code.
- Testing Joomla! patches - This page explains how you can contribute to the Joomla project by testing
- Testing Joomla! patches QuickReferenceGuide - A Quick Reference Guide for testing
- Ruud68 - coding-standards/Joomla/Sniffs - A whole bunch of depreacted functions and classes
- Joomla 4 - Roadmap - The full Joomla 4 roadmap is published on the Developer site.
Videos about Joomla 4
- JWC 2017 - Joomla 4 - Coming to a Website near you!, by George Wilson
- JWC 2017 - Joomla 4ward, by Michael Babker
- JAB17 - New authorization library in J4 - redone for performance and flexybility, by Klas - All about new authorization library is replacing JAccess in J4.
- JAB17 - Prepare your extension for Joomla 4, by Allon Moritz. Allon leads the media manager team and is porting the Joomla CMS to namespaces in the Joomla 4 working group.
New Media Manager
New User Interface of J4
- Bootstrap v4.0 - Documentation
- Be smart, load but don’t unload! - Information to our users / Joomla and UI Frameworks
- Episode IV - A new User Interface for the Joomla Backend
- Joomla 4 - Custom Elements, by Dimitris Grammatikogiannis
- Joomla 4 and Bootstrap 4: Perfect integration
PHP 7 - Minimum Requirement
- 4 reasons why you should get PHP 7. Be ready for #Joomla 4. It's coming in 2018
Community News about Joomla 4
- Joomla 4 compatibility layer in 3.8 - With the release of Joomla 3.8 a first compatibility layer for Joomla 4 was released.
- 8 most exciting Joomla 4 new features
- 9 exciting Joomla 4 new features introduction
- A First Look at Joomla 4
- Discovery Joomla 4 News Features and Release Plan
- Everything you need to know about Joomla 4
- Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 features comparison: 15 new things to take note
- Joomla 4 Alpha is Out! Check the extensions for compatibility Joomla
- Podcast Español - Mastermind Joomla - ¿Qué esperar de Joomla 4?
- Joomla! - Main Site
- Joomla! Volunteers Portal™
- Advertise on Joomla! | BuySellAds
Joomla Official Sites
- Main Site - www.joomla.org
- Joomla! API - api.joomla.org
- Joomla! Certification Program - certification.joomla.org
- The Joomla! Community Portal - community.joomla.org
- Joomla! World Conference - conference.joomla.org
- Joomla! Developer Network - developer.joomla.org
- Joomla! Documentation - docs.joomla.org
- Joomla! Downloads - downloads.joomla.org
- Joomla! Certification Exam - exam.joomla.org
- Joomla! Extensions Directory - extensions.joomla.org
- The Joomla! Forum - forum.joomla.org
- Joomla! Framework - framework.joomla.org
- Joomla! Issue Tracker - issues.joomla.org
- Joomla! Community Magazine - magazine.joomla.org
- Open Source Matters! - opensourcematters.org
- Joomla! Resources Directory - resources.joomla.org
- Joomla! Showcase Directory - showcase.joomla.org
- Joomla! Trademark & Licensing - tm.joomla.org
- The Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List - vel.joomla.org
- Joomla! Volunteers Portal - volunteers.joomla.org
- JoomlaCode - joomlacode.org
- Joomla! World Conference - The official main event
- J and Beyond - The community main event
- Joomla! Days - Joomla Days are local events, coordinated by user groups at city level.
- User Groups (JUG)
- World Conference (JWC)
- Legal & Finance
- Finance Team (FIT)
- Trademark & Licensing (TLWG)
- Marketing & Communication
- Community Translation
- Social Media
- Community Magazine (JCM)
- Extensions Directory (JED)
- Resources Directory (JRD)
- Showcase Directory (JSD)
- Template Directory (JTD)
- Vulnerable Extensions List (VEL)
- Automated Testing
- Bug Squad
- CMS Maintainance
- CMS Release
- Core Translation
- Documentation (JDOCS)
- Google Summer of Code (GSOC)
- Joomla! X
- Security Strike Team (SST)
- User Experience (JUX)
- Event Traveller Program (JET)
Joomla! Board of Directors
- 30 Joomla Statistics for the Informed Digital Marketer in 2019
- Joomla usage statistics
- Joomla is the 2nd most widely used CMS in the world.
- Joomla has been downloaded over 97M times.
- Joomla powers 3.1% of the World Wide Web.
- Joomla has a global CMS market share of 5.7%.
- More than 2.5M websites worldwide use Joomla.
- Among the top 100,000 most visited websites, more than 1,000 use Joomla.
- Among the top 1M websites, more than 20K use Joomla.
- Over 9% of business websites use Joomla.
- 300+ Joomla websites are added every day.
- Version 3 of Joomla is used by 66% of all websites that use the CMS.
- Key Joomla advantages
- Joomla has won the CMS Critic People’s Choice Award for Best Free CMS four years in a row.
- Joomla has been selected as a Google Summer of Code Mentor organization 10 times.
- Top advantages of using Joomla include better user management, flexibility in displaying non-standard content, and built in multilingual support.
- Joomla offers over 70 translation packs for the core.
- There are thousands of free and paid templates for Joomla.
- According to official Joomla stats, it has close to 8,000 extensions.
- Joomla offers SEO-friendly functions natively.
- Joomla comes with built in performance-boosting functionality.
- Joomla is more secure than WordPress out of the box.
- The most popular websites using Joomla include those of Harvard University, IKEA, Linux, Guggenheim Museum, and The Fashion Spot.
- Some of the most amazing Joomla sites are showcased at the Joomla.org site.
- Joomla is the best CMS for creating social networks.
- Contrary to popular belief, Joomla offers powerful blogging capabilities.
- The most popular e-commerce-related Joomla extension is VirtueMart.
- General Joomla statistics
- How long has Joomla been around? In its current form, since 2005.
- Joomla is a totally community-driven, open source CMS.
- The Joomla code has had 29,000+ commits made by 780+ contributors.
- Joomla has an active community of nearly 700K members.
- There are 180 Joomla user groups spread across the world.
- The Joomla global community had over 35 major events in 2018.
- Key Joomla statistics 2019 takeaways
- Despite the obvious and substantial domination of the CMS market by WordPress, Joomla continues to maintain a steady global user base.
- This is driven by some important advantages that Joomla has to offer, which can be pertinent for your specific needs. These include greater security, more flexibility, better user management, and very strong multilingual functionality.
- Joomla statistics also show that it is far from being a product in its death throes; quite the contrary, Joomla remains a thriving, community-driven open source movement that continues to respond to user demands.
- Joomla usage statistics
- Brochure - 2017. High-level informative document.
- Media Kit. Promotional Materials about Joomla. - Key Facts - Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS) used to build powerful web sites and online applications. - A global volunteer community of developers has been building and improving Joomla since the first version was released in 2005. This immense effort has made Joomla easy to use, stable and very secure. - Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS). During 2017, Joomla won the Best Free CMS, by 2017 CMS Critic Awards - Within the main functionality,"ease of use" and "extensibility" (8,000+ approved extensions) are always highlighted. This is the core functionality: https://www.joomla.org/core-features.html. Natively, Joomla incorporates 2FA authentication. - Joomla is an established CMS, with a mature code base (370,000+ lines of code), more than 12 years of evolution (29,000+ commits) and supported by a great team of collaborators (780+). - Joomla is used in 6.6% of CMS and 3.2% of global websites. - Key Numbers - 6.5% of the websites built with a CMS. 3.2% of all websites - 2+ million websites - 90+ million downloads - 370,000+ lines of code - 29,000+ commits - 780+ core developers - 10+ core extensions - 170+ User Groups - 70+ Events per year - 1,200+ registered volunteers - 25 million sessions in 2017 In particular, security is a strength of Joomla: - Joomla has the Best Practice Guides in its development standard and is a measure that applies to core development and approved extensions within the ecosystem. To confirm Joomla's security assurances in perspective, Joomla had 94 security reports, while WordPress had 254 and Drupal 313 respectively. You can find the full analysis here: https://www.getastra.com/blog/cms/security-comparison-of-cms-wordpress-vs-drupal-vs-joomla/ - In short, Joomla is ideal for corporate sites, non-profit organisations, or educational institutions. - About the news in 2017, this is a good summary of the day-to-day topics of the project: https://www.joomla.org/announcements/general-news/5722-joomla-year-in-review-2017.html
- A sustainable ecosystem for Joomla
- Joomla Marketing Visuals - Google Drive
- Joomla Signature
- Joomla Brandmark
- Official Colours
- Logos - Conditional Use
- Joomla 3.6 Imagery
- Social Media - Joomla 3.5
List of archived Joomla! sub-projects, unsupported or longer active:
- What version of Joomla! should you use? Joomla! 1.0, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 and 2.5.
- API16:Framework - The Joomla! Framework was an important part of the Joomla! CMS architecture in the versions 1.5 and 1.6. Do NOT confuse with the current JFramework (Yes, I know ...).
- JPlatform - As of 24 April 2013, the Platform project has been retired. The Platform has been merged back into the CMS.
Contributions welcome! Read the contribution guidelines first.
To the extent possible under law, Anibal Sanchez has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.